Thursday, January 2, 2014

Spring into Winter


White tulips are a sure sign of spring...

                                                                 but
Winter 
is in full force here in the Hollow.



I'm looking for composition in this photo.  I tried "snaps" from a high position, low angles and then straight on.  I liked this one best just because it was the only one that had anything in focus. ...still working on manual settings.  The tulip positioned on the left "thirds" line is the one that should be in focus.  I really like the bokeh of the background and how the red color sets off the green of the hydrangea and leaves.  I also liked how every part of the arrangement (tulips, vase, leaves) disappeared off the edge of the photo and the line of the tulip stems take your eye to the focal point.  But I'm not sure if I like the vase right in the middle....would love a critique....

It is "beauty"ful having fresh flower arrangements anytime of the year...but especially when there is snow on the ground...


No comments:

Post a Comment