Monday, January 13, 2014

Missing Miss Julie

My niece, Julie, has been living with us since last April.  She was assuming her stay would be brief...short and sweet.  But best laid plans always seem to have a way of not going the way we think they will.  It is now January and Miss Julie has decided to move into her own apartment and rejoin the life of the single people.

We are excited for her new adventure, but I'm feeling a little sad.  As I walked past her room, it is very apparent that the change is for real and I won't be able to leave a light on at night for her to know we care about her and that she has arrived at home safely (when I wake up in the middle of the night...if the light is still on, the children are not home yet!...  when it's 3:00 am, I'm in panic mode).  I can't ask her to clean the bathroom and vacuum upstairs...since she isn't making any messes anymore.  And I will miss the "girl talk" and the late night sewing parties.

I'm glad you decided to live with us for 8 months instead of 4-6 weeks...and please come visit us soon.
 Last of the belongings
Remnants of a bedroom dresser in use

We love you, Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment